Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cricut Circle Magazine challenge Thrift store find contest~

THRIFT STORE FIND CONTEST!
We are taking the challenge from Lisa’s Design Star Feature for our contest this month!
Find something from the thrift store to repurpose with your imagination and your Cricut Machine. Please use at least four Cricut cuts in your design. Upload before and after shots of your project to the blog under the Magazine Challenge Tab. Only one entry per person. Entry deadline is Friday, January 14th, 2011. Winner will receive a new April Showers cartridge!!  Prize will be shipped within 4 to 6 weeks after the announcement.



I found this at our local thrift store a few months ago and was not sure what to do till now. This is what it looked like before I altered it, I beleive I only paid a few dollars for this, I know it was not much more than 5.

Recipe for this:
White Tulle
4 sheets silver translucent paper form The Paper Company + 1 sheet for alcohol inks to be applied to
alcohol inks: Carmel, Butterscoth and Lettuce
2 heart buttons
Black vinyl 
Cricut cart. Home Accents-words used are Home, Family, Faith and Grow 
2 bunches of flowers from local craft store Darice classical silks brand
Gold Tattered Angels glimmer mist
Tim Holtz distress ink Vintage photo
battery operated frosted white lights
1 small strand of green beads
1 sheet of plexi glass
GBS cart for ovals. 

I first applied the vintage photo ink to the window frame here and there to give a distressed look and then sprayed glimmer mist on it. Not sure if you can tell in photo, that it has some glimmer and looks aged.

Here is pic of it with lights on.
I cut the words Home and Family at 1 inch, Faith and Grow at 1 1/2 inch so it would look proportioned. When they were all cut a 1 inch the words Faith and Grow looked smaller so I adjsuted them.I applied them to the front of the plexi glass.
I then took one sheet of translucent paper and applied carmel all over it then took the butterscotch and lettuce here and there. I then cut out 4 ovals from the sheet with GBS cart. at 5 inches wide and 2 3/4 inches long in CDS. I applied them to the back of the plexi glass. Then I took the other 4 sheets of silver paper and put them over the glass.
       I then wrapped the beads around the tulle pulled the tulle through the button holes on the back and glued to each corner. Then I arranged the flowers and lights. I even glimmer misted the flowers with gold so they to would have a bit of shimmer.

TFL


No comments: