Friday, August 26, 2011

Cricut Circle Magazine challenge Cosmo Cricket

AUGUST COSMO CRICKET CONTEST!


Cosmo Cricket has been with us from the beginning, so we are super excited about this contest. They always produce such fabulous product that fits perfectly with the Cricut and Cuttlebug machines. This month’s contest will be a fun way to put all of your favorite things together.



Contest Rules: Use any Cosmo Cricket product, at least three Cricut cuts, and any Cuttlebug folder. Contest will open on August 20th. Please upload a working link or picture of your project to the blog under the Magazine Challenge tab. One entry per person. Entry deadline is Friday, September 9th. The winner of this contest will receive $150.00 credit on Cricut.com! Don’t forget to take a high resolution picture so if you win, you can send it in for the Magazine!


I chose to do a tag for this challenge. Since I like the wild west, I thought this paper from Cosmo Cricket: Halfway Cafe-Amarillo would be perfect.

Recipe for tag:
hand cut tag to size desired( mine is about the Tim Holtz die size)
2 paper clips painted of your choice of color
matching fibers to tie to one paper clip
little bag of mini punched items- I chose horses to put on other paper clip ( this one came from a swap I was in)
*3 cricut cuts- I chose 2 stars cut at 1" and country girl 1 1/4 " from Old West cart.
*cuttlebug folder-diamonds in the rough
2 copper mini brads
*Cosmo Cricket- Amarillo and Wanted paper
tim holtz vintage photo distress ink
2 staples
dcwv-Immortal love for counry girl cut
1 small piece of printed ribbon
1 prima flower w/rhinestone

I distressed the edges and the diamonds with vintage photo. I then took siccors to the edges of the tag to give it more of a worn look. Stapled the ribbon on and the attached the paper clips. Adhered the stars and country girl with xyron sticker 150. Added brads and the flower. I like this tag the best of all the tags I have done. TFL~




No comments: