Spectrum Noir

Awhile back I bought Spectrum Noir alcohol pens. Since then I have been learning how to use them. Once I was confident that I was using them properly, I took Spectrum Noir's colorist test.

Skills required for Colorist Level
  1. Smooth coloring – coloring an area smooth without blotchiness
  2. Basic shading – blending three colors together to build volume or dimension to your image.
  3. Basic coloring of a face and hair. (hair can be smooth or textured)
  4. Basic coloring of a floral or landscape image.
  5. Palette blending.
  6. Layering – ability to add a bit of shadow or shading to show layers.
  7. Correcting with the blender pen.
  8. Skills that show basic ability to get consistent results using the Spectrum Noir Alcohol Pens.

Here is what I colored.




If you look closely you can see that the flower pot has some bleeding around the edges.
I really enjoyed learning the Palette blending.
 




 
 
The couple I colored did not turn out well at all:(
The couple is a CTMH stamped image.
The colorist instructor said all passed but the flower pot and the couple. She asked me to resubmit.
 
Here is my resubmissions.
 
 
 
These turned out much better.
 
 
Today I received my certificate that I passed!
 
I am now a Spectrum Noir Accredited Colorist!!
 
 
This means I have accomplished in learning basic coloring techniques using Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers.
 
There is two more levels:
Advanced Colorist & Spectrum Noir Pen Instructor
 
 
In time I hope to achieve the advanced colorist level, I am not sure about becoming an Instructor but only time will tell:)
To learn more about Spectrum Noir click here. They have amazing videos, techniques, tutorials and so much more.
Thanks for stopping by:)

Comments