Monday, April 3, 2017

Day 3 Happy Birthday!

These next 2 cards are quick and simple.
The first card is a gatefold card. I used So Saffron as the card base and it is 4 1/4" x 8 1/2" and scored at 2 1/8" and 6 3/8." I then added two panels to the front and they measure 4 x 1 7/8." I then added sequins, glued half of the label to one side and added a bow from the embellishment kit. I added a rhinestone to the bow. I then stamped "I love when your birthday comes around" in Early Espresso.
 
The second card is a corner fold card. Linda Bauwin did a video on this, just click her name to go to her YouTube channel. I used Bermuda Bay for the card base with Calypso Coral, So Saffron and Very Vanilla for the card front and then stamped the Carousel horse in Peekaboo Peach added some some sequins and a rhinestone to the top of the pole. Then added a tassel to the corner, next I stamped "Enjoy life and have fun" from the Suite Sentiments stamp set (# 142971) in Early Espresso.
 

 

 
For the inside of the gatefold card, I cut 2 pcs ( 1 at 3 3/4" x 5" Calypso Coral  and 1 at 3 1/2" x 4 1/2" Very Vanilla) of  cardstock of each color for the insert. I stamped the Ferris Wheel in Early Espresso and added a rhinestone in the middle and popped it up with dimensionals. I then stamped 2 Carousel horses, one in Peekaboo Peach and Real Red and I fussy cut them out and popped them up also. Finally on the right panel I stamped " Because spoiling you is so much fun" in Early Espresso.
For the inside of the corner fold card I cut 3 pcs of cardstock ( ( 1 at 5 1/4" x 4" Calypso Coral, 1 at 3 1/4" x 5 of So Saffron and Very Vanilla at 4 3/4" x 3 1/2"). I stamped the Ferris Wheel in Peekaboo Peach, once on the card and then on a scrap of copy paper. I cut out the one on the copy paper to make a mask. I placed it over the Ferris Wheel and then in Real Red stamped the Tents and popped it up with dimensionals. I made the banner from Pear Pizzazz and stamped " To someone who makes others so happy" from the Avant Garden stamp set ( a Sale-A-Bration item).
 

 
I hoped you enjoyed these cards. They are simple and quick.
 
Thanks for stopping by!!
 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just got my SU order today with the Birthday Carousel stamp set.Thanks for the card ideas using that set.

Lilann said...

I'm not sure why but it didn't print my name when I left my comment.

Donna Schnees said...

Have fun with the set! I love it:) Probably when you went to post you may have accidently hit the anonymous button. I have had the happen:)