Honey is a very valuable asset to society. Honey bees are needed to produce this sweet nectar. A lot of people use honey for teas, coughs, as scrubs and so much more. Did you know one hive can produce 20 to 60 pounds of honey in an average year? Bees need plants to produce honey and plants need bees to pollinate them. Bees are the most powerful pollinators of the world and this makes them crucial for the quality of our life. You have probably heard through the news that some bees are on the endangered species list and that we all need to do our part to help the bees.
Here are some facts about honey bees:
- They pollinate a third of our food.
- Bees can help fight cancer.
- Bees can predict storms.
- It is the only insect that produces food eaten by man.
- Honey is the only food that includes all the substances necessary to sustain life, including enzymes, vitamins, minerals, and water; and it's the only food that contains "pinocembrin", an antioxidant associated with improved brain functioning.
- The worker bees produce honeycomb which comprises hexagon shaped cells through the consumption of honey produced from the collected flower nectar. To produce one pound of beeswax, six to eight pounds of honey are ingested.
Do you like or love honey? My favorite is Ginger infused honey, we have a local bee keeper,
who makes and sells his honey, sells bees and so much more.
I hope you enjoyed learning about honey bees, so now on to my first project and it is all about the Bees!
I was looking on line at some quilts and came across this picture of this quilt piece, and the more I looked at it the more it looked like the Tailored Tag punch. So I created a card using the punch.
Here is my bee-utiful card, what do you think of it? Did you know bees have 5 eyes? Two are on the side and three on top of the head. Do you see why I have the three rhinestones? Clever izzz I!
I used the Sale-A-bration Golden Honey Specialty DSP, Crushed Curry and Black CS, Memento Black ink, Honey Bee stamp set, Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewels and the Truly Tailored Punch.
Cut down the Crushed Curry CS to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and score at 4 1/4. Stamp the bees all over the front panel and add Hello in the top left corner. Take the tailored punch and punch a black piece of CS, a piece of the gold and black and two of the black and white. Line up the edges of the black and white pieces to the gold and black piece. Tape them down, position them on the black piece and glue down, add the rhinestones to the top of the head and then cut two strips for the antenna's. Now add dimensionals to the piece and place in the center of the card front. Add more rhinestones to the card front.
Also do not forget to subscribe to my blog to see new specials and updates.
Please email me at: email@example.com
If you are having trouble with leaving comments, please email me and let me know. Thank you:)