- Punch only paper or standard cardstock. Forcing thicker materials could damage your punch.
- Glimmer, glitter or flocked paper can dull the cutting edges.
- Punch on a flat surface (facing up or down) and press down and try to apply even pressure. Hand punching can cause uneven pressure which can cause edges of your punch to be uneven.
- Keep you punches clean and dry. Brush them off if they have not been used in a while. Dust can collect and cause your punches to be uneven.
- Sharpen those dull edges-Sharpen them by punching through aluminum foil a few times and then punch through wax paper to lubricate the punch.
- Freeze it!-If the punch is stuck or jammed, stick it in the freezer. The metal will contract as it gets cold and help release the material.
I would love to hear your comments and do not forget about the hostess code for a free gift during this month.